Tuesday, June 13, 2006

One of Many Reasons Why I Like My Job

I really do like my job. Here is a perfect example of a really good day on the job for me.

I had a meeting at 6:30 AM. (No, that is not the good part.) My manager is a little crazy sometimes and is all about the meetings. We used to have to have a meeting on Fridays from 2:30-5:00 too, on top of our Monday morning meeting which started at 7:00 originally and didn't get over till after 9:00. We all told him that we don't want to have all of our Friday taken up by a two and a half hour meeting because not only does it cut into our selling time, it makes those people who have to travel north on I-15 not be able to get home until past 6:00. Ergo, the 6:30 am meeting was born. I'm not a morning person, so this isn't an ideal time for me, but I only live about 10 minutes away from the office and I love not having a meeting on Friday so it all works out.

Anyway, back to the good part. After the 6:30 meeting, I ended up staying at the office until about noon getting my schedule set up for the week. At about 12:15, I was at home eating lunch and relaxing. I had a little plan of what I really wanted to do with the rest of the day, but I figured I should probably do something else work-oriented first so I took an invitation to one of my SLC clients for our company golf tournament. People always love free golf so I felt like I did a good deed. Then, I drove to the other end of town and paid my car payment and was home by 3:00. By 3:15, I was sitting by the pool at my condo reading the latest copy of Us Weekly (--I didn't subscribe to it, they just send it to me every week......who knows?). It was about 90 degrees outside and absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I had the whole pool to myself for almost 2 hours. I wish I could do that every day. Umm....I don't need to mention that I didn't actually make a single dime today (because I didn't sell anything), but it was totally worth it.

5 Comments:

  • Your life is so different from mine, Kik. Want to trade for a day or two? I could use a break and sitting by the pool not worrying if one of the children is drowning sounds really nice.

    By Blogger Katie, at 8:07 AM  

  • Deal! I love playing with your little kiddies! You guys ought to come down and we can ALL spend the day by the pool (with supervision and sufficient floating devices)!

    By Blogger Kari, at 5:24 PM  

  • Any chance I can inch in on this deal too?

    By Blogger Gwen, at 7:07 PM  

  • Yeah, you got a nice thing goin' Kik... What a great day you had!!!

    My WFMW is up and ready for your reading pleasure!

    By Blogger Gina, at 9:53 PM  

  • I LOVE laying out by the pool. There is just something SO relaxing about it. The sun, the magazine, yah don't forget about the no kids. Enjoy while you can. I love mine don't get me wrong, but it just isn't the same going to the pool with them. Give me one day a month like that and I'm golden. No pun intended!

    By Blogger Nicole, at 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home