Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Six Weird Things About Me (Part I)

My friend sent me an email with her six weird things so I figured I'd post mine! (I'm gonna break mine into two posts though, due to lack of time or ability to think of ONLY six I want to post!)



1. I LOVE the smell of Scotch tape. It mostly has to be name brand -- the others just aren't the same. I once even dated a boy who loved the smell of Scotch tape too...I really thought we were meant for each other. (Turns out you actually need more in common than a love for the smell of tape....who knew? Very happy with how that turned out though nonetheless.)

2. I like to buy baby clothes. No, I don't have any babies, nor do I plan on having babies any time too soon. But, I really like finding good deals and stocking up! I used to be pretty bad...I'd go like once or twice every couple weeks and come home with at least one item. After a while Adam said to me, "Kari, if you keep buying baby clothes we're going to have to make a baby for you to put them on." So, I decided to cut back because we're not quite ready for a little one. I usually buy my items at Ross or TJ Maxx because they have really good deals on cute name brand stuff like Carter's, Polo, and more. I also have really taken a liking to giraffes since my baby clothes obesession began. I seem to buy almost anything with a cute giraffe on it. Adam doesn't share this same love of giraffes as I do, but he'll come around, I'm sure of it. ;)

3. I don't like steak. This isn't really that weird to me, but when I tell people that they always seem to look at me like I've committed some kind of inconceivable crime or something. I grew up in a family that raised black angus cattle, so needless to say we had plenty of good meat on hand at all times, but steak is just not my thing. I like beef in general, just not steak. Too meaty. I can eat a small steak (think significantly smaller than the size of your palm) if absolutely necessary but I never choose it if there's another option.


Stay tuned for my remaining three soon to come...

3 Comments:

  • I had forgotten about loving the smell of tape thing. Yeah, that's weird.

    By Blogger Katie, at 8:33 PM  

  • I have these three things in common with you! Only I would buy baby clothes a lot less often.

    And I just recently discovered I can eat steak in fajitas if it's tender and cut thinly. I just don't like chewing and gnawing on meat, steak you have to chew a lot!

    By Blogger Gina, at 11:25 PM  

  • I'm with Kate. I didn't even know tape had a smell. I guess I'd better go take a whiff!

    By Blogger Gwen, at 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home