Monday, June 19, 2006

Six Weird Things About Me (Part II)

And on we go...


4. After I've been indoors during the summer, I really like coming outside and getting into a HOT HOT car. I hate it when I'm riding with others (husband, coworkers, whoever) and they automatically roll down the windows and crank up the AC the moment they get in the car. Come on, people, enjoy the warmth!

5. I constantly quote my nieces and nephews (full-on quoting and imitating, including voices). Gosh, they are so stinkin cute I just can't help it. Adam sometimes does it too, but I really am the one who might need a little help. I still even say words like Alli used to say them 4 years ago when she first started talking! There's even a really cute girl at church who has made her way into our vocabulary. Some of the most frequently used phrases include:

"I'n your pillow!"-What Alli used to say when she wanted to play the game where I'd lay my head on her belly and pretend I was sleeping.

"Hold you." -What Kailye used to say (and I guess still does sometimes) when she wants to be picked up and held.

"But I wanna EEEAAATT it!" -What the cute girl at church told her mom while she was rolling up her father's tie and trying to put into her mouth during sacrament meeting.

Don't worry, I also say things like the twinners too, I just don't have any catch phrases quite yet (although "Butt cheese!" [see Katie's Blog] can make us laugh at almost any given moment).


6. I accidentally quoted "Austin Powers" while Adam was proposing to me. I swear I didn't know he was proposing! We were at Sundance and after our amazing dinner and the dozen white roses he had the waitress bring (no ring was in them so I figured he was just being nice), we went on a walk over a little bridge and stream. He started talking about the north star (he had taught me how to find it when we first started dating) and he said that sailors use it to help navigate and right when he said 'sailor' I piped in with, "Only sailors wear condoms!""Not in the nineties!""Well they should those filthy beggers, they go from port to port!". It kinda threw Adam off for a minute because he didn't recognize that that's where it was from, but luckily he sidestepped it and continued with the proposal (thank goodness!). After he kept going and I finally realized what was happening, I felt a little dumb for saying that, but I was so happy that I forgot about it. When we talked about the proposal a little while later he asked what I said then and I told him that it was from "Austin Powers". He told me that if he had known it was from AP he would have just stopped and not asked me to marry him (at least not at that point anyway)! Man, I'm glad he wasn't as into that show in high school as I was or else I might not be married yet!

3 Comments:

  • This is the funniest post ever, Kik. I hadn't heard the Austin Powers story, and man, someday you'll be glad you wrote that one down. Seriously, I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard! Awesome.

    By Blogger Katie, at 9:14 AM  

  • OH MY GOSH!! That is the funniest story EVER! I am TOTALLY rolling on the floor here. First thing that I think is hysterical is that you actually can QUOTE Austin Powers!! And that you did it at your wedding proposal is SO fuuny!

    By Blogger Nicole, at 10:37 AM  

  • Ditto what the other 2 said here. That was freakin' HILARIOUS!!!!

    And #4 and #5, again we have in common. Ian and I STILL say "junk beds" and "Farp". Alli is the funniest girl! I still get the biggest kick out of her!

    By Blogger Gina, at 12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home