Friday, June 23, 2006

Zion National Park


This past weekend we went camping at Zion National Park for Father's Day. I had never been there before and Adam had been once when he was really little, but didn't remember much so I was really excited. As you can see from the pictures, it is such a pretty place! Adam's family really likes Canyonlands , but Zions was so much bettter in my opinion. We were originally going to head out on Friday night, but I wasn't feeling good at all that whole day so we decided we'd leave early Saturday morning. It all worked out too because Saturday I felt much better and Friday night we were able to go see "Nacho Libre" with some friends. (totally funny!)



It was hot at the park, probably in the 90's when we got there at 11:00 am. We went on a drive through a really neat tunnel they have that was completed back in 1930 and is over a mile long. After that, we took the free shuttle bus that tours the canyon. They have lots of drop off points where you can go hike and see different trails and view points. The shuttle comes every 7 minutes so you can get off and just take a quick look around and then hop right back on. It runs all day too, like from 5:30 am to 11:00 pm. We got off at a stop called Temple of Sinawava. The trail is paved and follows the Virgin River. There are river access spots where you can go and play in the water. It was so much fun!



This is a picture that Adam's sister Natalie took of us while we were walking over to some rocks for a photo opp. We had no idea she was taking this picture, but I'm really glad she did because I think it's really cute.








(See my next post because Blogger wouldn't let me post all my pictures in this one.)

2 Comments:

  • Glen is DYING to see Nacho Libre! Glad to hear it was funny. BTW - You are so cute! I'm glad I got see some pictures of you besides the one of your face on the blog. I need to do that too, but everyone in my family is freaked out that I am putting pics on here. OH well.

    By Blogger Nicole, at 4:12 PM  

  • Glad you had a good time! I Love seeing pictures of people's trips! You and Adam look so cute!

    Junior is looking happy and better looking these days. He is finally grown up!

    By Blogger Gina, at 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home