Monday, September 18, 2006

Adventures in Hair Coloring

This weekend I decided it was time to highlight my hair again. The decision was a pretty easy one, seeing how my roots were about half an inch grown out. I wanted my hair to look pretty much like this:


(Not the greatest photo, I know, but you try doing a Google search on Carmen Electra and see how long you want to search through to find a decent one.)

My sister-in-law Trish is the one who colors my hair and so when I got to her house with the products, she warned me that this might not be the color I was going for, even though I fully explained to the lady at Sally Beauty Supply what I wanted. We did a small test strip on the underside of my hair and it seemed that it would be ok so we went ahead and put foils on top for blonde highlights and did the rest of my entire head with the color.

When she was rinsing it all out, she sounded pretty skeptical about the color and I was pretty worried myself. We decided not to fully judge until it was dry, but we didn't even need to get it all the way dry before we knew it was not looking pretty. I came out looking somewhat Strawberry Shortcake-esqe. My hair was this yucky orange-ish color with blonde highlights and my roots showing through still. You know when people who have black hair try to dye their hair blonde and it turns that brassy, NOT BLONDE color? Yeah, that was kind of what it resembled.

Luckily, she had some brown dye and I didn't even have to think twice about it. We finished drying my hair and headed directly for the kitchen again to re-color my hair. I've always wanted to dye my hair brown but I've always been too much of a wuss because I've had lots of blonde in my hair since I was like 13! So I figured, "No better time to go brown than when your hair turns orange!"

At first it was so weird seeing myself. I would walk by a mirror and think, "Hmm..who's that girl with the brown hair? Oh wait! That's me! And that's my hair!" It was an adventure, but I think it turned out really well, considering. I like it, but tell me what ya think.





(Pictures taken oh-so-professionally by me today in my kitchen)

2 Comments:

  • You have Mom's haircut from my entire childhood! I LOVE IT! You're so sassy. You could pull off brassy if you wanted. Next time we're together, I think I'll give you free reign on my makeover. Wahoooo!

    By Blogger Katie, at 8:22 PM  

  • I love your long hair! The color is great! Matches your eye brows too! You are so cute with your photo taking!

    By Blogger Gina, at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home