Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Work Shmirk

Ok, so it has seemed like forever since I've posted! Our laptop is being totally revamped and it has all our pictures and video clips from Russia on it so I've kinda been waiting for that. It may be a while before you get to see all of our cool pics, but I'll try to update you on what's been happening since.

I have had such a hard time coming back to work! (can you tell, seeing how this post is being written at 4:00 in the afternoon?) Last week Adam and I just kinda spend time together and ran a few errands and the like. He decided to take this semester off since he missed the first 2 weeks of school and found out that his financial aid wasn't going to kick in unless he had a full schedule and he was only registered for 2 classes. It's not so easy to add classes two weeks after school is already started and some of the classes he needs for graduation aren't offered until next semester anyway. So he's going to work this semester and finish school in the spring. I don't really have an excuse for this week other than the fact that I really enjoyed not working for the past three and a half weeks! It's not that I'm a lazy person, because I really don't think I am; it's just that I like being able to get things done around here and run errands and spend time with my husband. I am totally hoping that I can quit once we have kids.

I think I'm a little frustrated with my job right now too though. I really like my job, and I am working in Salt Lake again which is great, but I am supposed to be selling my accounts from last year and we're 3 months early! I really don't think that people who advertised with us for the first time ever and signed up between December and March of this past year are really going to want to renew their contracts so soon. Plus, this book just barly finished distribution, which means that a lot of them haven't even had a chance to see their results yet. It is really making me feel very unmotivated.

On a side note, my mom called me yesterday afternoon and told me they're taking a little vacation and would love it if they could stay the night at our house. Yay! I visit my parents fairly frequently, but they haven't been to my house for almost a year. They left late and didn't get here until about 1:30 am and I wanted to stay up and wait for them so I was so tired when they got here! I have become such a wuss about staying up late! I need (and LOVE) my sleep!!! This morning we went to breakfast at about 9:30 and then they were on their way east to Nebraska and South Dakota. I totally wanted to go with them because I feel absolutely estranged from any work responsibility I have, but I knew my boss would kill me and that I need to at least try to make some money. Good thing it's only Tuesday.

3 Comments:

  • Hope you get your work groove back on. I used to feel the same way when I was working outside the home. And I still get the unmotivated feeling even at home. I think sometimes slowing down just points out how often we overschedule ourselves!

    By Blogger Gwen, at 6:30 PM  

  • I hope you can get some new accounts, Kik. Does Adam's schooling rescheduling change the family planning?

    By Blogger Katie, at 2:01 PM  

  • Nah, we'll just be poor new parents just like everyone else.

    By Blogger Kari, at 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home