Thursday, October 26, 2006

Anyone Got a Good Recipe?

I really want some good pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! I don't want to buy some from the grocery store bakery; I want to make them myself. However. I have tried 2 different recipes in the past week and a half and neither of them have been anything spectacular. The first recipe I found on Cooks.com and is as follows:

2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 c. butter
3/4 c. crisco
1 c. sugar
1 c. pumpkin
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
12 oz. chocolate chips

Cream butter, crisco, and sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla.

Combine dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture. Drop by tsp. onto cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees.



I liked the texture of these cookies and they tasted pretty ok, but they weren't pumpkin-y enough.



The second recipe I remembered from Adam's cousin Rachel. She made them for us one time and they were so simple and tasty!

1 spice cake mix
1 can pumpkin

Mix together and bake.

I didn't remember if there were any measurements for the pumpkin or what temperature to cook them at and for how long. So again, I went to the internet to see if I could find something close. I found a couple and just decided to go for it. But my cooking time and temperature must have been off because the first batch came out way not done in the middle and the second batch had to be left in the oven for nearly 20 minutes.

Does anyone have a tried and tested pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe that I'm sure to love? If so, please share! Honestly, Adam and I are just wasting away here without them.

2 Comments:

  • Kik, send me your email address and I will send you the one I have. I love these ones... cakey like the ones at the store. ihartpartly@hotmail.com

    By Blogger Gina, at 9:53 PM  

  • I haven't tried these, but I've never failed with any recipe I've found on this site. Let me know if you try them.

    http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=32364

    By Blogger Gwen, at 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home