Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Biggest Loser

Let me just start by openly admitting that I am kind of a TV junkie, especially when it comes to reality TV. However, that being said, I'm not a huge die-hard for "The Biggest Loser". I'll occasionally watch it, but I never go out of my way to see it. BUT, I love watching the finale and seeing how much weight everyone has lost. It seriously blows my mind. And yes, I cry.

With that in mind, I am totally feeling so yucky about myself lately. I don't know if I can blame it on my period or the prednosone I am taking (for eczema) or what, but I just feel so unmotivated to do anything. And food? Yeah, I eat lots of it. Nothing healthy either, it's like, "Hey, look, Pringles that I really don't even like that much but they're salty and sitting right there in my cupboard so I better have some" or "Well, I don't have anything planned for dinner, so...let's eat at Astro Burger". Then, of course, I feel gross for eating that kind of stuff, but instead of go to the gym or do anything, I kinda just stay at home and don't. So, tonight while Adam is at indoor football practice (oh I hope he doesn't get hurt---he doesn't have insurance!), I am going to the gym! I'm a big believer in being proactive about things that you want to happen, change, or fix so I am going to try to not constantly be thinking about my weight, food or laziness. I really want to lose 20 pounds, and believe me, I could use even more than that, but I think that 20 pounds is a good and achievable goal. I wish I had a workout buddy! I think I'm going to have to try to go outside of my comfort zone and (gasp) make a friend. Luckily, there's a cute new couple in our ward who just happened to join Gold's Gym, so maybe that will be an easy in for me.

Alright, wish me luck!

5 Comments:

  • I think that fall/winter gas something to do with it. I am the same exact way. And I am usually pretty good about eating sensibly and working out. MY gym membership has been drafted out of my account for 3 months now without me going once. THAT is depressing. Just don't sign up until you KNOW you are going to go.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:47 PM  

  • I do the same thing. After my second baby I had a lot of belly fat and I thought I'd take care of it. I bought some at home work-out videos but I am soooo lazy. Now I regret it because I'm pregnant again and the new baby is pushing all the belly fat out and I look 7 months pregnant instead of 4. Anyway, good luck. I feel the same way about *gasp* making friends.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:28 AM  

  • Twenty pounds is a lot for a hot girl like you, Kik. Don't go all Keira Knightly on us, okay?

    By Blogger Katie, at 9:18 AM  

  • That is a very good reason to make a friend and make each other go! You can do it!!! Or you could try my method... get-prego-gain-50-lbs-then-give-birth-breast-feed-lose 60-lbs

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:47 PM  

  • Gina-
    I'm totally banking on that plan of yours to work on me when I get pregnant! Who knows if it really will, but I sure do hope so!

    By Blogger Kari, at 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home