Friday, January 12, 2007

Are We in Elementary School or What?

Ok, let's just be honest here. I don't mean to complain, but I am SOO over this whole stupid "Rosie vs. Donald" fued that the media thinks is so important to update us on multiple times each day. As I'm watching TV at night here (really...I don't have much else to do...ok, AND I'm kind of one of those people who likes to watch television, but anyway...) I cannot go more than 3 stations without hearing about the fiasco or reading about it on the scrolling news at the bottom of the screen. At first, yes, I was a little intruiged. I thought it was funny. But it is such a stupid thing and I am so sick of being bombarded with its continuance. If they were everyday people, this would be over by now, but no, they're both famous and it just seems like this is not ending. I think they're both kind of milking the situation. Also, if they weren't famous, everyone around them would tell them that they are both being childish and tell them to shut up about it and move on. Instead, the people around them just try to fuel the fire and keep it going, despite the fact that it's completely ridiculous. Who really cares if someone says you have bad hair? And who really cares if someone you don't even like says that you're fat? Ugggg....I wish it would stop.

(deep breath)

Ok, now that I've gotten THAT out of the way, I'm feeling much better. I'm so excited!!! Adam's dad bought him a plane ticket so he can fly out here and visit me and then drive back with me! I miss my little husband! He isn't coming for another week and a half, but it will be good to see him and be able to drive with him for 10 hours.

I also bought a book on disc today though to help with the time that I am in my car here. I can't seem to find a good radio station and when I do happen to come across one that I like, inevitably it will turn into a Mexican station within five minutes of driving, and while I do wish I was a fan of the sounds of polka, I'm afraid I just haven't aquired that taste yet. So I went to the store and bought the book Dear John by Nicolas Sparks. I think it will be pretty good....I mean, The Notebook. Need I say more?

4 Comments:

  • OK. I'm KIND OF with you on the Rosie vs. Donald thing. BUT.... I cannot stand Rosie, so anytime I can hear someone bash her, it is funny to me. I know that is immature, but it is the truth. I hope Donald keeps slamming her. I don't need to know about it, I just want him to do it. OK... I am starting to sound evil now, so I better stop.

    I am so glad that your husband is getting to fly out. That is AWESOME. And will make the whole drive back SO much better.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:37 PM  

  • Awesome that Adam is meeting up with you! and hubby or not, a good book on CD is essential on road trips! Way to go on that one!

    As for as the rosie/donald thing... I must not be watching enought tv as it's not gotten on my nerves......yet.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:33 PM  

  • I don't know why there is an extra "as" in there. Der!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:34 PM  

  • Totally awesome that Ad's coming out to drive back with you! Yay! I'm with you too on thinking that the "feud" is a publicity stunt. Makes me glad I don't have a tv.

    By Blogger Katie, at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home