Tuesday, January 09, 2007

California...Here I Come!

Ok, I'm actually already here, but yep, sunny California! I'm here on business working in Morgan Hill and it is beautiful!

I am going to be here for 2 1/2 weeks, which I am NOT excited about, but the hopes of making good money are helping the situation. It was so sad to leave my little Adam though. I really almost cried. He is the best husband EVER! I hope the time goes by fast, but if I keep myself busy with work I think it will be ok.

I left on Sunday at about 11:00 am, following 2 of my coworkers--the leader of which who was not a fan of cruise control making THAT a fun experience in and of itself. (oh wait, I'm lying. It actually really annoyed me.) He is also a crazy driver so as we were driving through Tahoe I really thought I might die. HOWEVER, I did not, and we made it to Morgan Hill in about 11 hours.

My manager had told me that the hotel we would be staying at is a little different and sure enough, he was correct. I had envisioned a scary, ghetto place, but when we pulled up, the palm trees and well kept grounds made me feel much better. Oh...but when I got to my room, I was thrust right back into the harsh reality that this hotel actually IS somewhat yucky. The furnishings are quite old and the dim lighting does not help hide any imprefections. My absolute FAVORITE part is the fan/light in the bathroom that sounds like a 1940's war plane. Mmmhmmm, it's fantastic.

Ok, it's actually not too bad, and I brought my Lysol disinfectant spray and wipes so I think I'll be alright. Plus, no one stays here. Ever. There are 4 people from my company staying here and I really think that maybe only 15 other guests are staying here. The maid has yet to come to my room, except once to bring me extra toilet paper. Not sure why she thought I'd use a whole roll in the 24 hours I'd been here, but I'll let that one go. I'm going to have to track her down because I'll need new towels in the morning.

The food here, however, is really good. We have endless trade at a restaurant called Golden Oak. We ate lunch and dinner there yesterday and they have the best salmon I've ever tasted in my life! The other reps here tell me I'll get sick of eating all this high-end food, but I'm gonna go ahead and try to prove them wrong.

If anyone has any good suggestions of what to do or where to go while I'm here, please feel free to tell me. I do have quite a bit of time to kill at night and on the weekends. I think we're going to go to Santa Cruz or Monterey this weekend. Otherwise, I'll be updating my blog from the golden state!

(P.S. Sorry I haven't posted a picture of my magical new coat! I promise to do it when I get back home.)

3 Comments:

  • I was thinking about you this morning, Kik! I'm glad that you made it there safely. Have a fun time...I'd help you out, but I've never even heard of Morgan Hill.

    By Blogger Katie, at 7:29 PM  

  • Yeah, that would kinda stink to travel that far without your hubby. I am sure you miss him tons! Enjoy being out of Utah while you can... it's so bitter cold here! And there is another snow expected... it's lost it's luster already...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 PM  

  • Cali? That's awesome. I am SO impressed that you thought to bring lysol and wipes. THAT is smart. I need to remember that one. AND the best thing about leaving your sweet man is going back. That is ALWAYS fun!! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home