Friday, January 19, 2007

A Day of Such Wonder

Oh man, I am so proud of myself! I went to the library on Tuesday as promised and I checked out not one, but TWO books, both by Nicholas Sparks. I have noticed a strange trend...all of his books seem to involve the state of North Carolina. I'm all about giving a shout out to the home state, but the same shout out in EVERY book? Is that necessary Nick? Anyway, I read a whole book in 2 days! Granted, it was only 212 pages, but that is a big accomplishment for me! I don't think I've ever done that in my life! The book, Nights in Rodanthe, was good too. Certainly not quite as good as Dear John, but still a cute little book. I don't think I'll have time to read the other book I got, since I only have 3 days left here to finish all my work, so I think I'll probably do the responsible thing and focus on that. Gosh, reading an entire book in 2 days AND making such an adult decision about working instead of reading a mindless book in the time remaining here... I think I deserve a medal.

4 Comments:

  • It's to be admired, for sure! Nothing beats a good book, huh?

    By Blogger Gwen, at 10:35 AM  

  • 212 pages in 2 days. That is pretty good. It is not like that is ALL you did, so great reading!!! You DO deserve a metal!

    By Blogger Nicole, at 10:39 AM  

  • Woohoo for you, Kik! You must have been up to something---I've tried to call you a couple times this week and haven't been able to get through.

    By Blogger Katie, at 1:43 PM  

  • AWESOME! I am pretty proud of myself for reading 100 pages in two consecutive night-time readings. So yes, the gold medal goes to: KIKI!

    By Blogger Gina, at 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home