Sunday, January 14, 2007

"Dear John"

I am listening to my book on disc that I bought the other day and I. CANNOT. STOP. I brought it inside my hotel today after I came back from church and have been listening to it all day! It is totally engulfing me! I am torn, because I don't want to listen to it all today because I want to have something to listen to for the rest of the time that I'm here, but I really like it and don't want to stop!

It is really a good book and it is so cute! It is telling about this love story and John and Savannah's meeting and their short courtship and it completely reminds me of mine and Adam's. I like that it's being told from John's point of view because it kinda gives a glimpse into how guys feel during times like that even though they don't everything they're thinking and feeling.

Adam laughed at me when I told him that I couldn't stop listening to it. "You know, some people even get involved like that and read the actual book," he said. LOL, I know! I used to read somewhat frequently when I was younger, but once I went to college, I didn't read books other than textbooks and I guess I haven't picked it up since. I have wanted to read a good book for a while, so this is a good way to break me into it I think. I'm going to go to the Morgan Hill library tomorrow and actually check out a book to read on Tuesday (since it's closed Mondays). I'm sure I'll be unable to not finish this one by the end of the evening. I actually have to stop typing because I feel like I'm missing important details by not giving it my full attention. =)

3 Comments:

  • I like to read SOMETIMES. It is something that you have to make time to do. I do anyway. We love to listen to books on CDs on long road trips. It really makes them go fast.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:23 PM  

  • I've never seen The Notebook. Most of my mindless entertainment time is spent on quality entertainment, like The Office. ;)

    By Blogger Katie, at 1:45 PM  

  • Yeah, I'm not much of a reader either. I used to..but who has time w/ kids..ya know? I loved the Notebook...the movie anyways. It made me cry. =) What a great love story.

    Caught your blog from Nicole's..hope that's ok. =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home