Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Few Random Thoughts

First of all, you, my handful of readers, will be pleased to know that I finished listening to my audio book last night. It was so good! Man, those characters seemed so real to me too, which is part of the reason I got so into it I'm sure. I REALLY recommend it! It didn't quite end the way I wanted it to, but it was still just sooo great! I'm going to make my trip to the library today, where I'll be torn on whether to check out an actual book or just get another book on disc. I'm going to try to force myself to get a book, mostly because I kinda feel lazy when I'm just sitting in my hotel room staring at my laptop, listening to disc after disc. Somehow I think it's a little more socially acceptable to read. You know... doing something slightly more active with your mind and all.

Second, I debated on whether or not to post this, but the more I thought about it, the more it really bothered me, so here goes. Sunday night, I was BEYOND BORED. I went to church in the morning and went on a little drive that afternoon, but after I made myself stop listening to my audio book I had absolutely nothing to do, so I decided to go rent a movie from Blockbuster. But, once I got to Blockbuster, they told me I couldn't rent a movie there without my membership card (which I didn't have), so that kinda bummed me out. But then, I headed to the Golden Oak to pick up my takeout and once I got there I parked my car by a curb so I could just jet in and grab it. However, someone pulled in behind me and as he was letting his wife and kids out in front of the restaurant door, he feels inclined to roll his window down and say to me, "You know, that's not a parking spot." At first, I kind of thought he was kidding, so I just smiled at him. Then, he continues: "Could you NOT just walk the extra 15 feet and park in a spot?" This comment really bothered me, but I didn't want to say something too rude, seeing how I had no idea who he was, and I especially didn't want to spout off if he was the owner of the restaurant or something. So I just said to him, "Who are you?" to which he said nothing so I knew he was just that, NO ONE, so I continued, "And why do you care where I park anyway?" I shook my head with confusion because honestly, why would he care?! It's not like I was parking there for a 2 hour meal, I was just going in to pick up my order. And, it's not like my car was in the way of anything and it wasn't blocking traffic. He again said nothing (or at least not that I heard) so I just kept walking and went inside. I waited for a minute for the hostess to appear and by this time, the man's wife and children were inside standing right beside me. The wife leans over to me and says with a kind smile, "I told him to mind his own business; he's not the parking police." That made me a little more comfortable, knowing that she wasn't as impolite as he was. The hostess finally surfaced at about the same time that he came in from parking his eco-friendly Prius (puke). She handed me my food and I looked at him with my bag in my hand and said to him, "I'm not staying." He then says, "Oh, well I guess that's ok then." UUUgghh! I rolled my eyes at him, as if I care about his approval or think he has any place voicing his opinions about the parking situation. WHAT A PUNK! He really made me so mad!! I really don't know why he thought it necessary to tell me that I was not only parking in a place that indeed was not a parking spot, but that I was lazy for doing so. Yeah, I could have walked the extra 15 feet, but I wasn't doing it to be lazy; I wasn't even doing it with any real thought about the matter, other than just to park, run in, grab my food, and leave. AND, he was dropping off his own family in front of the door! Does that mean that they were lazy or inconsiderate for not walking the extra 15 feet (or whatever) from the parking spot?! No, I don't think like that. I think it was polite of him to drop them off while he parked, however, it really made him look like a hypocrite for chastising me for it. I hope his food was bad and his service really sucked.

Ok... I'm now taking in deep breaths and relaxing my tensed shoulder muscles.

And now for the last thought/story of the day, Adam and I want to have a baby. Can you just imagine the cuteness that will result from our procreation? It's almost too much to stand! ;) jk So, we started trying last month. I didn't want to make a big announcement about it, but Adam has told everyone he's ever met, so I figured I might as well post it here for you few readers. Anyway, my period is late this month and my cycle is usually very regular. I didn't want to take a pregnancy test here all by myself because I wanted to be with Adam and be able to celebrate if I was pregnant, but he was DYING to know, so I headed to the store to get a test. I wasn't going to do it until the morning, but by then I really wanted to know, so I did it right then. I was really thinking it would come up positive, but it didn't. The words "Not Pregnant" appeared and I was kind of shocked. Oh well, not pregnant. I kind of expected my period to start at that exact moment, but still, 3 days later, no period. I thought that maybe my first test was just a false negative, so I did another test this morning and again, "Not Pregnant". Well, where the heck is my stupid period if I'm "Not Pregnant"? This suspense is kind of annoying. Did this ever happen to any of you?

6 Comments:

  • Congrats on trying for a baby!! That is WAY exciting news. I got the negative results several times when I was preg. with my last. I just kept taking them. It was just a feeling I had. So keep trying if you haven't started.

    I would have lost it with that man. I thought you handled it good.

    By Blogger Nicole, at 2:00 PM  

  • Oh, Kik, I am sorry about the negative results. That is so disappointing. Keep regular track of your cycles. I did BBT (see, now you can google BBT for something constructive to do while you're in CA) for a while while I was TTC the boys. Also, the FMU is best when taking a test because your HCG is highest when you wake up. I love you, and am way excited for an adorable niece or nephew.

    By Blogger Katie, at 10:01 PM  

  • I took 3 tests. The first at home in the evening, the second at a dr. office on a lunch break and the third in the morning at a dr. office. It was positive the third time. I think I was 6 days late at that point. Plus it helps if you do it in the morning apparently.

    Sorry about the prick telling you the laws of the land. Ian does this quite often to people that block traffic and park in the fire lane, etc. He embarrasses me on a regular bases with this behavior, so I know where his wife was coming from.

    By Blogger Gina, at 11:18 PM  

  • PS: And I got pregnant on the first month of trying... so you are probably having a baby! Woo HOO!

    By Blogger Gina, at 11:19 PM  

  • 3 weeks late...not pregnant.

    In the middle of my period...2 months pregnant.

    I too have (had) "regular" cycles. Good luck and try not to stress too much.

    By Blogger Gwen, at 10:00 AM  

  • Wow Gwen, that is crazy! Ok, I feel a little more normal now because who knows, ya know? We're not sad or depressed or stressing or anything, we understand that it can take some time. =)

    By Blogger Kari, at 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home