Monday, February 12, 2007

I Guess It's Better Than Leaving Empty Handed

We rent. It's been good because our rent is really cheap and our condo is really cute and nice, but we've been here for a long time. Anyway, we have these ugly vertical blinds in the living room and dining room (they're kinda one room together). I've been trying to convince our landlord to buy curtains to cover them and to keep it warmer in here during the winter, and finally in December she caved. (I think she gave in because she raised our rent $15, but still, I think it's all good.)

I want chocolate brown curtains. That doesn't sound so hard, right? Brown curtains. Well, let me tell you...it IS hard! They have to be 95" length, so that means I pretty much have to order them online. But I have a $200 budget. Well, after seriously months of searching, I found some at JCPenney.com that I really like, so today I went to the store to order them (free shipping that way). What do you know, they are not available. Grrr. I don't know what I'm going to do now. Anyone got any good ideas for where to get pretty brown curtains for a good price?

Oh yes, there is more to this story which has become longer than I intended. So while I was at JC Penney I shopped around a little because they had clearance stuff EVERYWHERE. I ended up getting 2 new bras for $8.49!!! Woohoo, I love a good deal, and that is almost unheard of! They are pretty good quality too, so I'm super excited! Yay!! I guess that helps make up for the let down of not being able to get the pretty curtains I want.

3 Comments:

  • Oh my word. 2 bras for almost 9 dollars???? I have to get mine at Victoria Secret. MAN they are expensive. That is what I get for having big not so perky boobs. (That is the nice way of saying saggy!! HA)

    I wish I could help you with the curtains, but I have NO idea!

    By Blogger Nicole, at 7:27 PM  

  • Yeah...I'm cursed with a small chest. One of the bras is a kinda cheap one, but it's cute and had lots of padding. The other is actually a pretty nice one though, much more expensive regularly. I got my first Victoria's Secret bra for Christmas, and MAN they are expensive. A good bra is a critical investment though.

    By Blogger Kari, at 11:17 PM  

  • I'm with you guys on good bras. Such are the necessities of small chested women. Sigh. I scored a pair of pants and five shirts at Penney's earlier this week for $25 total! Wahooo!

    Anyway, have you tried Ikea for curtains? Elizabeth bought chocolate brown velvet curtains there for super cheap.

    By Blogger Katie, at 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home