Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Two Posts in One Day? That's Right Girls, a Blogging First for me!

Hello! It had been a while since I'd posted last because I was in Seattle for business last week. I swear, it's like I've been gone this whole year! Ok, that's not entirely true, but really, 3 1/2 weeks out of 5 1/2? That's a lot of not being home. Anyway, I'm home again, yay! Granted, I'll be going back to California in 3 weeks, but that's almost a month away so I'm not gonna worry about it. So, for this momentous 2nd post of the day, I'll catch you up on what we've been up to.

~My cute husband flew to California so we could drive back to Utah together. We drove to Reno and stayed at Circus Circus. I was totally excited to stay at Circus Circus because I'd never been there before AND I used my AAA card and got my room for $35! You can't even stay at the Motel 6 for $35! And does the Motel 6 have free circus performances? I think not. Some of my coworkers made fun of me for wanting to stay at Circus Circus because they said it was a hole. Anyway, I really liked it! It was way nice; much nicer than the crappy hotel I'd been in for the past 2 1/2 weeks in CA. We didn't have time to watch a circus which disappointed me, but for $35 I think I'll have to go there again.

~I had a conference in Seattle that I had to go to for work and Adam came too! We stayed at the Westin Hotel downtown. It was a great location because it was close to shopping, Pike Street, and within walking distance to the Space Needle. I didn't have a lot of time because I was in meetings from 8:00-5:00, but we saw some sights and had a good time. I hate when work gets in the way things! jk

~This weekend I caught up on my sleep. I really felt like when we were in Seattle that I didn't get enough sleep. SO, Sunday morning I slept in WAY later than a normal person would. It was nice, but a little embarassing. Then of course, Sunday night I couldn't sleep at all since I hadn't been awake for all that long. Finally at about 3:30 a.m. I fell asleep, only to get up at 7:00. YUCK! Well, I went to work and after my meetings, I came back home at 11:00 to switch cars with Adam. I was wide awake and felt fine, but Adam tagged me (we always play tag!) and so we went and layed down for a few minutes. I just laid there for a while, thinking about all the things I needed to get done, then Adam's alarm went off and at that time I was just about to fall asleep so he hit snooze and I fell asleep. When it went off again, he got up and I was still sleepy so I asked him to call me in 20 minutes to wake me up. Well, he forgot. And it's dark in my room people! And I had only slept for 3 1/2 hours during the night! I didn't wake up until 3:00 in the afternoon!!! I slept for 4 hours! I did not mean to sleep that long at all! I felt like such a nerd for not waking up earlier, but I do have to admit, I love sleep, so it was nice. And it's justified because between the two, it's almost like a solid night of sleep, right? That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

~To counteract my day of rest, I walked/jogged 3 miles! (emphasis on walked, but there was some running and jogging in there!) It was really nice outside so at 5:00 I went with Adam and his brother to a high school track and worked out. I was going to go to the gym, but it was just so nice outside that I didn't want to be indoors. I am sore! But it's a good sore. It really makes you remember just how much of your body running really does work out. I'm so proud of myself! Adam is going to start playing rugby again and will have practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays so on those days I'll go to the gym and on Mondays and Wednesdays we'll run at the track together. I'm so excited!

5 Comments:

  • I love to sleep too. I bet I could beat you on a sleeping challenge. I can sleep FOREVER.

    Rock on for the $35 hotel room!!

    That is awesome about going 3 miles. Don't you feel so good afterwards?

    By Blogger Nicole, at 11:30 AM  

  • Yes I love sleep as well. Wow you have a Motel that is called Circus Cicuus. My children would die to go there. Good on you to get your exercise in.I have been a little slack with mine. Have a great day.

    By Blogger Kim's Life, at 1:45 PM  

  • I love sleep. It's one of those friends I had to say good-bye to when Liam was born. Soak it up. You'll be grateful now and later looking back on the glory days.

    We want to take Liam to Circus Circus some weekend soon. Just take a Friday off and head to Vegas for the weekend. I need to get a AAA card.

    By Blogger Gina, at 4:36 PM  

  • I am a sleep lover too...I LOVE it. I don't get nearly enough of it anymore, but that doesn't mean I've lost my love!! hehe

    Great job on the 3 miles..I'm about ready to get back into my running, the weather is warming up! I don't do jogging in cold weather...nope, I'd rather be dead.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:55 PM  

  • I'm totally jealous of the sleep, but I won't tell that to Josh because he thinks I sleep too much anyhow. Like he knows.

    I've never been to Seattle...would like to go someday.

    And wahoo for you on the working out!

    By Blogger Katie, at 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home