Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Diaper Cake!

If there are any of you out there who have never heard of this phenomenon, you're not alone. I must admit, when I first heard it, I thought someone was having a cake made in the shape of a diaper, in which case I really didn't see the appeal. In fact I found it kind of disturbing and bordering inappropriate. However, when I saw the actual diaper cake, I realized they're totally cute and fun!! And not so much a cake made in the shape of a diaper, thank goodness.




I've only seen one in person, but I Googled them last night and I totally want to make one for my friend who is having a baby this month! (whom I hope doesn't read my blog regularly or else she will not be very surprised).




Does anyone have any tips for me? I got instructions and ideas from a few different websites, but I just wanted to see if any of you had seen or made any yourself and could give me any suggestions.



(Don't kid yourself, I'm SURE mine will not be nearly as elegant as this one from lilbabycakes.com, but I'll see what I can do.)

4 Comments:

  • Hello, Kik
    This work is very good. Thank you
    Good week for you

    By Blogger david santos, at 6:01 PM  

  • My friend's MIL did this for her baby shower and it turned out similarly pictured here. Very fun! I want to do one someday for a shower too!

    I hope you find a design you like and can make it your own! I look forward to seeing a photo of your work!

    By Blogger Gina, at 7:15 PM  

  • Um, my MIL makes them and just secures the diaper with ribbon and "decorates" them will various small baby toys and sundries. They're not nearly as elegant, but they're still fun and unique. I've never been brave enough to try one.

    By Blogger Gwen, at 10:45 PM  

  • I want tips, too! I'm throwing a shower for a friend in a few weeks and that would be PERFECT!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home