Thursday, March 08, 2007

My Creation!

Here it is!!! The picture is with my phone again and it really doesn't even do it justice. I am so proud of myself!! Now I just hope my friend is half as excited about it as I am!


It was pretty easy. I just went to this site for my instructions and looked at some pictures from other cakes on the internet and this is what I came up with. I wanted it to be pink and girly and pretty. I didn't put gifts or anything else inside the cake, it's just diapers, ribbon, and flowers. These things can get expensive! But now that I have all the stuff (besides diapers), I could make another one relatively inexpensively.

It really didn't take too long for me to make either. I got all my supplies at Walmart and Michael's. I'm glad I went to Walmart first because the stuff at Michael's was so much pricier.

The only things I recommend for anyone else is to use those really large file rubberbands around the tiers. I didn't really know what they were or that they even existed until I went to look for rubberbands in the office supply section, but they are just giant rubberbands that are about the size of an elastic headband. They worked really well and streched wide enough for the largest tier or could be doubled around for the top tier. My other tip is to use Glue Dots to adhere your smaller ribbons to the larger ones. I've known about Glue Dots, but I've never used them. I am so glad I did because they are awesome!

I really love how it turned out! I used this really fun ribbon for the middle tier that I found in the craft section. It's kinda like fringe but with little whispies all over. I'm also probably going to put tulle around it, like a gift basket. I hope you all (and my friend!) like it!!

9 Comments:

  • I love it! You should be so proud! I think I might use the idea next time I have a baby shower.

    By Blogger Katie, at 1:48 PM  

  • It's almost too pretty to actually use, Kik!

    By Blogger Katie, at 2:28 PM  

  • Sooo cute! I'll have to look at the instructions and see if maybe I can try my hand at it sometime.

    By Blogger Gwen, at 2:42 PM  

  • It's beautiful! Looks like it was fun to make too.

    By Blogger CG, at 4:28 PM  

  • Dude! I thought that was a real cake before I read how you made it! Way to go, that is awesome!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:28 PM  

  • You did an awesome job! Rubberbands that big? Who knew?!

    By Blogger Gina, at 8:58 PM  

  • Okay so I'm at home now so I can leave you a comment...That is stinkin' cute!!!!

    By Blogger Trish Griffee, at 9:51 PM  

  • Wow I really thought it was a real cake when I first saw it. WHAT a fantastic idea. You have out done your self. FANTASTIC. GREAT JOB.

    By Blogger Kim's Life, at 10:39 PM  

  • That definitely is the best one I've ever seen!

    Steph

    By Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph, at 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home