Thursday, March 01, 2007

Supa Freak

Alright, so I had the weirdest encounter today. I was getting a client's advertising renewed and we were doing it all by phone. Fine by me, it's sometimes a lot faster that way. I just had to get his signature on the contracts so I tried to fax them, but kept getting a busy signal. Well, I just figured I'd get ahold of him tomorrow since it was past 5:00. I got all my workout clothes on and I had my key in the door of the workout room at the hotel, and my phone rings.
"I can meet you in about 10 minutes if that's ok."

Umm.......sure, I didn't want to try to lose weight anyway and I love that my pants were feeling so tight today.

So I rush back to my room to change back into my work clothes so I can meet him downstairs to get the deal done.

The guy is a private investigator and so we chatted and he told me about what he does. It was all very fascinating. He follows cheating spouses, finds missing persons (both still living and finding dead bodies), and even catches drug dealers and criminals. It was crazy, I've never met a freakin' bounty hunter!

He knew I was from Utah (we'd talked about that before...my phone # gives it away every time) and he asked if I was Mormon. I of course said yes and he says, "I knew you were. Even before I met you." I was all proud, thinking my wonderful spirit was evident even through the phone (jk), but he continues with this:"I have this theory that all Mormon girls are just outstandingly beautiful. Not just pretty, but INCREDIBLY OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD gorgeous, and you are stunning. You completely prove my theory right."

Oh wait, it gets even worse.

I am not kidding, he asks me, "Can I take your picture and send it to my friend?" What the heck kind of question is that?!?!? Do you honestly think I'm going to let you, professional stalker whom I just met, take my picture for ANY reason??? It was so weird!!! I said "NO! That is really weird!" He said that his friend knows all about his "theory" and that he will be able to appreciate it even more if he sends him a photo. He told me, "If you let me, I'll give you a lead (for another advertiser) ." Umm, STILL NO.

The guy was nice and wasn't totally creepy, but I did feel uncomfortable with him asking me that!!! Seriously, who does that???

Oh how I wish this was the end, but no, still more. He text messages me at like nine o'clock saying "Goodnight, Kari. You are a wonderful American and are blessed with amazing beauty."

Eeeeeewwwww. Is this making anyone else want to take a shower?? And what makes it even worse, if he wanted to stalk me, he totally could and I'd probably be none the wiser. He does that for a living! I honestly don't think he will, I wasn't all freaked out by him and he seemed very normal, but still, yuck.

Everyone please pray for me just to be on the safe side!!!

7 Comments:

  • That IS creepy!!!!!! Seriously...WHO says things like that??? WEIRDY.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:00 AM  

  • Yeah, you've inspired me to shower. YUCKY YUCK! You are right, he could totally find you and take your picture! What did Adam say to this story?

    By Blogger Gina, at 9:02 AM  

  • *shudder* I'm sure he expected you to be all flattered and gushing as you posed for a photo. Too bad for him you have beaty AND brains!

    By Blogger Gwen, at 9:48 AM  

  • ...or maybe B-E-A-U-T-Y...I'm obviously the one without brains....

    By Blogger Gwen, at 9:49 AM  

  • ((((shudder)))) Um, yeah, maybe if he stalks you he will find out about your big rugby-playing husband and your crazy gun-toting brother-in-law.

    Come home soon, Kik!

    By Blogger Katie, at 8:52 AM  

  • Just checking in to make sure you're still okay...Update, please!

    By Blogger Katie, at 10:25 AM  

  • Okay so I just read the whole story to my mom and Michael and we are all laughing....and then Michael told me how he gave you his cc...uh wierd...

    By Blogger Trish Griffee, at 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home