Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Things I Do While I Should Be Working...

I swear, I think I should just become really rich and live in Northern California. It. Is. Gorgeous!!! Green rolling hills everywhere, nice mild weather, and palm trees galore. Oh my gosh I love it!

Yesterday I went to San Juan Bautista to meet some clients. I didn't know the history of the California missions, so my client gave me a brief rundown. The missions were started by Spanish missionaries (hence the name I guess) and were built as resting places that could be reached within a day's walk from the other. The main purpose of the missions was to convert the native Americans to Christianity. The first mission started in San Diego and the last ended in San Francisco. Altogether, there are 21 missions along California's El Camino Real. San Juan Bautista (the name of the town and the name of the mission) was build on the San Andreas fault.

There. I said it was brief. She probably said lots more, but I didn't remember all of it and didn't want to type it all. When I was done meeting with her, I took a little self-guided tour of the mission. It is so awesome! Very pretty and really neat. I took some pics with my phone and then emailed them to myself and THEN posted them here for you all to see! Wow, I'm feeling pretty technological after all of that.











Also included is a another awesome picture of me taken once again, by me! It's on my balcony at my hotel. Yay, Kik loves California!


4 Comments:

  • That IS gorgeous! I am jealous! I am stuck here in windy city, full of dust, dirt & tumble weeds. NICE.

    Great pic btw...have I ever told you how INCREDIBLY OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD gorgeous you are? hahahaha KIDDING. A little stalker humor there. sorry..hehe. =)

    By Blogger Anna, at 7:54 PM  

  • Anna-

    HAHAHAHAHA! I totally got your joke. Good one. ;)

    By Blogger Kari, at 8:44 PM  

  • Pretty hi-res for a phone camera! Awesome pics... especially of that Mormon hottie!

    By Blogger Gina, at 9:58 PM  

  • I've never been to northern CA, or really had an interest in seeing it, but after seeing your pictures I totally want to go! It looks so nice and 'spring-y". (Can you tell I'm sick of winter?)

    By Blogger Katie, at 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home