Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The View

Hmm...is it weird that I keep posting about television shows? Can you tell that I'm sick and stay at home a lot lately? ;)

Today I am not so much pregnancy sick as head-cold sick. Yesterday evening I went with Adam to help our friends Alex and Jessica move into their cute new house in Lehi (that Adam sold to them!). I thought I was being all helpful, ya know, serving my fellow beings. I didn't carry anything heavy, they let me carry anything little or light. But it was windy outside and hot inside and after about a thousand trips up and down the stairs, I became kind of hot. But after a few hours (and a few breaks on my part), it became cold outside AND inside and then I was freezing. I felt fine after two cups of hot chocolate and we came home and watched American Idol (Go Jordin!).

HOWEVER.

When I got into bed, I was so stuffy and my nose was running like crazy. I didn't get hardly any sleep at all and we even went to bed at 11:30 which is super early for us. And I think I went through about half a box of Kleenex. Oi, it was annoying. The other half of the box is destined to be gone by the end of the evening, I can almost guarantee it.

But, back to the topic at hand. Do any of you watch "The View"? I just started watching it a few months ago and I have mixed feelings about it. Adam HATES that I watch it because he REALLY HATES Rosie O'Donnell. Sometimes I like her; I think she can be funny and lively. Other times, she's totally loud, obnoxious, and way too political. (Not to mention, a lesbian, and I for one, in no way support or agree with homosexuality.) Today she was so annoying to me. She got really mad at Elizabeth Hasselbeck for "not defending her" the other day when someone in the media said she thinks our troops are terrorists. In my opinion, she kind of did say that they were terrorists. She's always too busy spouting off stats and numbers and making such a big deal about how badly she hates republicans. Blah, blah, blah. Usually when they start to talk about politics I fast forward through it because A.) I don't like to hear them argue, and B.) I don't agree with Rosie or Joy's views and they are the loudest and so unwilling to listen to anyone else. I'm glad I didn't fast forward it today though because it was a HUGE blowout and I liked that Elizabeth kind of told her where to put it.

This became a long post, but my main point was to ask you all if you watch it and what you think. Wheww. I'm done.

4 Comments:

  • I didn't watch it but I heard a clip of it on the radio...GO ELIZABETH...I love that girl. She's always so classy. And she definetly holds her own against Rosie.

    By Blogger Trish Griffee, at 1:22 PM  

  • What this means for me is I can finally start watching The View again. I have boycotted it since Rosie's obnoxious arrival.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:36 AM  

  • Rosie = Grossie. That is all.

    By Blogger Gwen, at 6:07 PM  

  • I just found your blog today and YES I LOVE The View and TIVO it every day. I did see the "fight" and it was crazy. I am a HUGE Elisabeth fan and support her all the way!

    By Blogger dreamingBIGdreams, at 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home