Monday, July 02, 2007

Yellowstone!

And if you'll notice the dates on the pictures, I'm only a week late!
This is the bear we saw! Yeah, a bear, on our first day there. I was so excited! We didn't have binoculars, but he was only about 300 yards away. It was really cool.




This is Adam jumping into the river at a spot where the rapids take you downstream. It was fun, but I only jumped in from the left side of the bank...I'm more about being safe and not drowning.


On our last day, Adam and his cousins had a water fight. They had waterguns and used buckets and anything else that would hold water. Adam does have quite the advantage here though. Poor Amanda was SOAKED by the time they were through, but she had a blast.





Old Faithful!



Finally, as we were driving through Island Park, we saw a moose!!! Chandler (my BIL) and I both wanted to see a moose SO BADLY while we were in Yellowstone, but I said to him, "I think we're more likely to see one in Island Park than inside the park" and lo and behold, I was right!!! I'm BRILLIANT I tell you!


It was a fun trip and I think we'll go back again sometime soon. It's really not that far away and it's so pretty!


2 Comments:

  • I wanna go next summer. We should plan a trip together!

    By Blogger Katie, at 11:55 PM  

  • Ian wants to go to Yellowstone SO bad!

    That bear was awesome, Kari!

    We saw a moose last week up Provo canyon! We were pretty excited too!

    By Blogger Gina, at 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home