Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Bear Lake (part 1)

I am such a slacker lately! I haven't taken a picture in FOREVER, even though we've done fun stuff.

This past week we went to Bear Lake for a couple days. It is GORGEOUS!!! The water there is so blue, it's almost out of place because it looks like it is straight out of the Caribbean. I decided that I really like it there.

We got there on Friday afternoon after a very early morning of golf, which didn't go so well for me, but went even worse for Adam. Then we had lunch in Logan at the Bluebird, grabbed some last minute things from the store, and met Michael & Trish and drove up behind them. Adam drove like a crazy man because that's how Michael drives and he "had to stay close to him" because we didn't know where the campsite was. I get so freaked out in the car sometimes, I don't know why, but I honestly fear for my life! Adam gets mad because I'm always gasping and yelling, "Stop!!", "Slow Down!!", "Don't do that!" or just simply "ADAM!!!". It does not go well. Closing my eyes helps some, but then I'm afraid he'll rear-end someone or something. He gets so frustrated with me. It's not that I don't trust his driving, he's just much more adventurous and daring than me.

But alas, we made it without killing each other. We got all set up and hung out a little then drove to the property that Adam & Michael's Uncle Brett owns. From there, we went to the North Shore of Bear Lake and it was so pretty!!! The lake is so shallow for a long time and the water was really warm and crystal clear. Fun, fun, fun!

That night we went into town and ate pizza then came back to the camp ground and hung out with everyone and played Yahtzee. I lost horribly and Trish kicked everyone's butts.

We slept in Michael & Trish's tent that night, hoping it would be better than our last tent-sleeping adventure. Sadly, it wasn't. I think Adam got more sleep this time, but I didn't. We again got up at 6:00 and took Michael & Trish's puppy Marley with us on a 4-wheeler ride to the top of the hillside to see the sun rise over the lake. It was so pretty!!! We walked around a little, then came back and got ready for the day.

This is getting long, so I'm going to make it into two posts so it seems a little more enticing, right? Ok, maybe not, but I think it helps break it up. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home