Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Bear Lake (part 2)

After we got the boat and got everyone loaded, we headed to the lake. Getting there was no easy task, as we had to stop every 5 minutes to either re-tie-down the tubes, pick up life jackets that flew out, go back to get life jackets from other boaters who we accidentally gave ours to (thinking we were good Samaritans---ha!), finding a spot to park on the beach, and the like. Once we got there though, it was nice. We went on a little ride on the boat then jumped in the water and swam once we were in the middle of the lake. After that I convinced Kailye that she should ride in the tube with me, which was no easy feat because apparently she has become quite afraid of large bodies of water. She did really well until we went fast and started hitting the bigger waves and getting bounced around.

Adam and I tried to build a sand castle version of St. Basil's Cathedral which didn't turn out so well. Adam did a good job at building the onion domes, but we eventually lost interest and quit. We went on the boat again with Michael, David, and DeVeen. I was pretty good on the ride, but was glad when it was over because some of the bumps were feeling like a bit too much for me.

We left the beach at about 3:00 to grab some much needed lunch and get our stuff together at camp so we could head home. Adam and I did really well with sunscreen and re-applying and he didn't get burned at all and I only got a little bit burned on the top of my legs right above my knees where I wasn't smart enought to put sunscreen on.

It was a fun weekend with absolutely no family drama to report, which is a nice and refreshing thing. Once we get rich we'll have to build an awesome house there and invite you all to come play!

2 Comments:

  • We LOVE Bear Lake! We've gone there every summer except last year and this year. We stay on the Montpellier side. And you're right, the water is such a beautiful blue!

    By Blogger Paige, at 10:39 PM  

  • I don't think I've ever been to Bear Lake. I would very much like to come stay in your fancy cabin someday!

    By Blogger Katie, at 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home