Saturday, September 22, 2007

Double Date Recap

Last night was our hot double date with Kristen and Drew. She came over to our house at about 5:30 and we hung out and chatted and got ready. Then at 7:30 she, Adam, and I drove to Goodwood Barbeque and met Drew there (he came up from Utah County so we met him there instead of having him drive all the way to our house). We waited outside for our table and talked. She didn't say a whole lot, but the rest of us were very chatty. Then we were sat and just more talking and eating. The food was ok. Adam has been begging me to go there for almost my entire pregnancy and for almost my entire pregnancy I haven't liked BBQ sauce so I've never wanted to go, but last night I figured I'd suck it up and just go there since he wanted to so bad. It was actually pretty good. I had chicken crispers, that also came with mashed potatoes & gravy and fries. I wanted to try out the mashed potatoes since that is what I craved for so long while I was sick, just to see how they were. They were ok, but I have yet to find the mashed potatoes and gravy of my craving.

Dinner went ok.... I think it was better for the rest of us than it was for Kristen. She just didn't talk a whole lot. And Adam and Drew talked about a lot ot people they knew from high school, so it wasn't like there was a whole lot of chance for her to join in. When we left dinner, we went to Boondocks to play miniature golf. Kristen rode with Drew and Adam and I took our car. We were glad they rode together so they could talk. When we got into the car I said to Adam, "I don't think it's going so well....". He agreed, but we also agreed that they probably just needed more time to talk to each other and not have us around. So he said he wouldn't talk about high school stuff/people for the rest of the night.

We played mini golf and it was super fun. Maybe it was so fun for me because I WON! And, if that weren't enough, I got a hole in one! Woohoo!!! I don't think that's ever happened to me, sadly enough. We played on teams and wagered Cold Stone ice cream but at the end of it all, we ended up tying. Plus when we were done, Cold Stone was already closed. I have to admit, I was pretty sad about it because I had my hopes up for cake batter ice cream for 18 holes of mini golf! But I guess that in all honesty I didn't NEED the ice cream so it worked out for the better that we didn't get any.

Since it was only 11:00 and we were having a good time together, we decided to come back to our house and play Five Crowns. I love that game! Drew was the only one who hadn't played it but I was the one who got my butt kicked. I lost by almost 100 points! Ouch. We sat around and talked for a little while after we finished the game and then it was 1:00 and Drew said he had better get going. He got up to get a drink of water and then we just kept talking and he didn't end up leaving til 2:00! We haven't stayed up that late in a while! Kristen was so tired, I think she fell asleep at the table more than once, poor girl.

Overall, I think it was pretty good. Adam and I had a really good time and I think they had a good time as well, but I don't think there was much of a connection sadly. I don't know, it was weird. They really are a ton alike and I think on their own they would have a good time together. She said it wasn't awkward or anything and that she thought he is cute, but I don't know if either of them were super interested. She had to leave at about 8:45 this morning to go to her nephew's football game so I didn't get much of a chance to see what she really thought, but I'm going to call her while she's on her way home and see if I can get her to tell me. Drew texted Adam last night on his way home and said "Tell Kristen I had a really good time tonight", but we don't know what he really thought either. He's a nice guy and I decided we should continue to be friends with him because he has the same birthday as me. Oh yeah, also because he's funny and nice, but the birthday thing automatically makes him cooler in my book. jk

I wish I would have taken pictures, but I didn't. I have been such a slacker about pictures lately! Adam's cousin is getting married tonight so I'll bring my camera and take some pictures there so my blog won't be so plain anymore.

3 Comments:

  • I haven't talked to Drew yet, but I do know he got food poisoning and has been sick since 3am Saturday morning. Poor guy. Ian had to take him a few things to get him rehydrated.

    By Blogger Gina, at 12:56 AM  

  • I know, Adam told me that too. I feel so bad!!! Poor guy, he's probably never going to want to hang out with us again!

    By Blogger Kari, at 2:56 PM  

  • Poor guy! So there wasn't a Love Connection, so what? You all had a good time anyhow. Rock on for the hole in one!

    By Blogger Katie, at 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home