Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I'm Sleepy!

So I know that yesterday I wrote this big long post on my baby blog about how great I feel lately, but I am getting so tired too! Yesterday I was soo sleepy. My alarm went off at 6:00 AM and thankfully Adam got up and turned it off for me since it was across the room. He brought it (I use my cell phone for my alarm) over to me and I ended up hitting snooze for about an hour. I got up, showered, but didn't have time to wash my hair. I got ready and went to my meeting with Pete (the regional sales manager who offered me that job). I came home, got packed, and drove to Logan at 11:00 AM. I was so tired the whole way up here. I did some things when I got to Logan and then I felt so sleepy that I checked into my hotel room half an hour early to take a quick nap before returning to work. Well, that quick nap ended up being almost a 2 hour nap and it was 4:45 when I woke up. It felt so nice to sleep, but I felt guilty for not getting more done.

Later that evening I went to the workout room and did curls with 5 lb hand weights while I walked on the treadmill for about 40 minutes. I watched "The Biggest Loser" while I was in there, which is always good motivation to get up and move. I came back to my room, updated my blogs and read others, then watched TV. I wasn't so tired then because of my 2 hour nap so I didn't end up going to sleep until about 1:30 am.

Then, at 4:25 AM the alarm clock in my room went off and I was rudly awakened by a Vince Gill song. Two things wrong with that= 1. I didn't want to wake up at 4:25 AM! and 2. I don't like Vince Gill. I was NOT IMPRESSED. So I slept until 8:00 when Adam called me. He didn't go to bed at all last night because he had his friends over and they played Xbox all night and then watched Tonga vs USA in the rugby World Cup (the game was on at like 5:00 AM). We talked for a few minutes and then I went back to sleep. It wasn't really great sleep, so I kept hitting snooze on my cell phone too. I finally got up, showered, and got ready for my day. But now I'm so sleepy again! Maybe I'll try no nap today and going to bed EARLY. I don't know, the nap is very tempting.

2 Comments:

  • Ugh, I hated that overwhelming urge to sleep. It's so, well, tiring. Get your sleep while you can, because once the baby's there, it'll be hard to fit it in. Especially if you are prone to staring at cute little babies as they sleep in your lap instead of napping with them as is recommended. :)

    By Blogger Paige, at 10:10 AM  

  • Oh man...you are getting so close. It's when you get that sudden burst of energy that you should worry...that usually means labor is on the way...yay.

    By Blogger Trish Griffee, at 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home