Thursday, September 27, 2007

Rachael & Orlando's Wedding!

***UPDATED***
(scroll down to find red updated info)


This past Saturday we went to Adam's cousin Rachael's wedding. She is about the same age as Adam and her now husband, Orlando, and she have been together for like 7 years. We LOVE them! They are way fun and always so nice to everyone. We don't get to hang out with them as much as we'd like because they are super busy and they both work a lot, but we see them at family functions and the like and it is great.


They got married at Millenial Falls Wedding & Reception Center in Draper and it was really pretty. Poor girl, it was raining outside and it just so happens that they had planned an outside wedding. However, that didn't stop anything, because they still had it outside. They had umbrellas for everyone and the staff wiped off the benches so they were dry when you sat down. It was just a drizzle too and it wasn't super cold or anything, so it all worked out.

She looked GORGEOUS!!! She kept her dress a secret so no one but her sister and her mom knew what it looked like. I like that she did that because it was a fun surprise to look forward to. The dress was strapless and had beautiful beading on the bodice. It was a really pretty ivory color and had some gathering on the skirt, but not like every other dress you see with tons of gathering all over. It was just the right amount. It was very classy and elegant.

I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I should have, but here are a few.

This is one of her bridal portraits that she had by the guest book. It was huge, probably one of the biggest bridal portraits I've seen, but it was amazing! She looks beautiful and I love the scenery and the frame. I took two pictures so you can see the size of it and so you can see her up close. One of her friends was taking a picture of the picture with his iPhone at the same time as me and it turned out so much better than these...from my digital camera. Sad, huh?




Here they are dancing their first dance. They chose "Is This Love?" by Bob Marley and it was the cutest thing I've ever seen. I almost cried it was so perfect. It's kind of an unexpected wedding song but I thought it was really sweet.


***UPDATE***
I can't figure out how to get this video onto my page, but you HAVE to go here to see one of my favorite wedding dances ever. I think it is so funny!




Here are me and Adam outside where the ceremony was. I have some more pictures like this over at my baby blog. My hair really did look cute at the beginning of the evening...but we can blame it not looking so spectacular on the rain. ;)


8 Comments:

  • Umm yeah, so I realize that I have no pictures that show Orlando's face. I feel bad! Sorry 'bout that.

    By Blogger Kari, at 10:42 AM  

  • Cute pic of the two of you and pretty background! It just so happens that Collin and I were grooving to Bob Marley 'bout five minutes ago. I danced him to sleep to the Jamaican beats.

    By Blogger Paige, at 11:36 AM  

  • I loved that song. I almost cried too and I'm not even preggo.

    By Blogger Trish Griffee, at 12:25 PM  

  • I am so jealous of her dress! Just gorgeous!

    By Blogger Gina, at 1:15 PM  

  • She did look gorgeous!! AND look at your belly! It looks so cute! Congrats on the baby! You must have gotten pregnant right after I took my break.

    By Blogger Nicole, at 10:55 PM  

  • You are so cute! And the bride is lovely, too. What a stunning dress!

    By Blogger Katie, at 9:26 AM  

  • Hey cute stuff. Swing by may blog and get your award.

    By Blogger Klin, at 11:15 PM  

  • That dance is pretty funny. Do you think someone has copied it at their own wedding in real life? They had to of, right? That would be hilarious!

    By Blogger Paige, at 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home