Monday, September 17, 2007

What's a Girl To Do?

Last night I came to a sad and scary realization. This is season premier time for all the good TV shows and I realized that Survivor starts on Thursday. I was so excited until I also realized that The Office also premiers on Thursday.... at the same time. We have Tivo and loved it in the past when we had regular cable, but now we have DirecTV and it won't allow you to record two shows at the same time! Also, it won't let you change the channel while it's recording, so it's not like I can record one and just watch the other. No, that would be too convenient too. AHHHH!! I know this is dumb, but I love both of these shows. This presents quite the conundrum. I need to figure out something quick because heaven forbid I do something more useful with my time on Thursday nights.

5 Comments:

  • Could you record with a VCR on a tv downstairs? I didn't think The Office premiered till next week, though.

    By Blogger Katie, at 8:43 AM  

  • I also think Office doesn't start till Next week. BUT couldn't you watch one down stairs and record the other on tivo?

    By Blogger Bobbie, at 9:20 AM  

  • I think the my parents tivo record two at the same time. you have to watch one of them. i don't know how it works though.

    By Blogger Trish Griffee, at 1:00 PM  

  • You girls are right, The Office doesn't start til next week. But still, if I'm not at home, I will end up missing one of them. :(

    Stupid DirecTv. If we had a DirecTv DVR receiver I think it might work with two shows at the same time, but ours is just a stand alone Tivo, and DirecTv won't let it switch to have two going at once. Oh well.

    By Blogger Kari, at 1:24 PM  

  • I vote for The Office anyway. It's closer to reality.

    By Blogger Gwen, at 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home