Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas!

Man, it has been forever since I've posted on this blog so I decided to post about our Christmas here instead of on Jayci's blog.


We had a great Christmas. Adam, Jayci, and I got up at about 8:30 and came downstairs to open presents. Adam videotaped us very first and Jayci smiled so big for the camera! It was the cutest little thing ever! She just started smiling this past week and it is so fun!


We all got lots of great gifts. From us, Jayci got a play gym, a fun toy, 2 lullaby cd's (she loves music), and some new pants which were desperately needed...she is getting too long for the few pairs she has now.


Adam got some new brown shoes, dress pants, a cord to hook the ipod up to the TV, and a new gun. Josh helped me pick out and purchase the gun on Saturday when he and his family were here for the weekend. Adam was really surprised and was totally excited. I thought he knew about it because on Saturday night, I asked him if the front door was locked when he came up to bed. He said he didn't check it but didn't even care if it wasn't because of the number of guns here. I was like, "Did Josh bring more than one?", trying to be cool but really I was totally bummed because I thought for sure he knew, but on Christmas morning he really was surprised. He LOVES it and can't wait to take a concealed carrier's class.

I got a diamond necklace (a journey necklace), two undershirts with lace at the botton and a really cute jacket but my favorite gift is a framed and matted 8 x 10 of me and Jayci. It is one that Ray Maxwell took when we did her newborn pictures and I LOVE it. (click here to see it....it's the one of me kissing her cheek). Adam did a great job with the frame and mat and the photograph looks beautiful. We are going to hang it in Jayci's room (that we hope to complete before the new year!).

From family, all three of us got spoiled. Jayci got more toys, books, 2 ocean wonders aquariums, and clothes. Adam and I got a gospel picture kit with every single gospel picture from all the lesson manuals and everything you can think of. My mom put it together and it is awesome. We also got gloves, candy, lotion, flashlights, Mad Gab, a clock, camera, golf balls, car washes (yay, we SOO desperately need them!), gift cards, a calander, a cute Christmas decoration, and a digital photo frame. We are very grateful for everything, so thank you everyone!

We went to Dan & Peggy's house after we were all done here and opened presents with all of them. After that we headed to Val's house for dinner. We stayed there til 2:00 am! I was so tired by the time we left!! We didn't mean to stay that long, and no one else stayed that long (except Leeana), but we like to be able to visit with Val and usually she is so busy getting everything finished and there are so many people there that she doesn't really get a chance to sit down and relax. So Leeana and I did dishes while Val held Jayci and we all chatted. Adam played X-Box with the boys and then came upstairs after a while and we all sat in the living room and talked for a long time.

It was really a great Christmas for us. We are so blessed to have this wonderful little baby and to be have been able to spend time with our families. It will definitely be one we will always remember.

2 Comments:

  • Sounds like you had a great Christmas. I love that picture of you kissing Jayci.

    So she's gonna be tall like you and Adam, huh. Not like I thought she'd be short like me. After all we are only related by love and the hood;)

    By Blogger Klin, at 12:21 AM  

  • What Adam likes guns, the things you learn! We will have two concealed carry permits in the family then.
    hey how do you post other people blogs on the other side of the page?

    By Blogger Tami, at 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home