Thursday, February 21, 2008

Earthquake

This morning at about 7:16 a.m. there was an earthquake in Wells, Nevada that had a magnitude of 6.0. I didn't know about it until I was driving to work at 7:30 and heard the news on the radio. They were saying people in my area felt it but I thought to myself, "Hmm...I didn't feel it."

Well once I was at work, I called my dental insurance company to check our benefits (Adam is getting a root canal today, poor guy) and the lady there asked me if I felt it. I said no but she said they felt it at her office, which is not too far away from where I live.

The more I thought about it though, the more I think I really did feel it. I nurse Jayci every morning at 7:00 a.m. before I leave for work and this morning while I was nursing her and sitting in the rocking chair I felt some weird movements. I thought at first that it was just Jayci's feet kicking, but then I thought to myself that her feet kicking wouldn't be rocking my whole chair. It was like it was being rocked or shaken by someone. I also thought it felt a lot like it did in November when there were construction workers in our yard digging manholes for the development that is going in behind our house. They had a huge trackhoe in our yard right next to the house and it would shake the whole house sometimes. It was a weird feeling, but it didn't last for very long and I didn't think much more about it...until that conversation with the lady at the dental insurance company.

So, you might think I'm crazy, but I really do think I felt the earthquake. Weird, huh?

7 Comments:

  • I was still asleep at 7, so I don't think I felt it. Katie asked me about it today, but I don't listen to the radio or TV in the morning, so I had no idea! We are overdue for earthquakes here... so maybe this is the beginning. (Gotta add that to the home insurance policy.)

    By Blogger Gina, at 12:49 PM  

  • I felt it!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EVTVc11x-8

    By Blogger Katie, at 4:22 PM  

  • We felt it here in Twin - well Chase felt it, I slept through it. Chase woke me up and said, "Did you shake the bed?" I was like, "No," and went back to sleep. He said it shook our blinds and everything. Pretty crazy. In a scientific way, I think it's pretty cool how far those vibrations travel through the Earth. I'm glad all were OK!

    By Blogger Paige, at 10:06 PM  

  • I heard about it on the news, crazy, I will be coming to Phillip's reception on the 22nd, I can't wait to see you all and meet Jayci.

    By Blogger Tami, at 9:03 AM  

  • In the interest of helping you blog this month, I've tagged you. Come see it!

    By Blogger Katie, at 8:16 AM  

  • Alright, Kiki. It's been two months now. Post, Woman!

    By Blogger Katie, at 1:40 PM  

  • I killed my ex wife's gnome!!!

    http://ebayincome.webs.com/

    By Blogger FreeMoney, at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home