Sunday, August 13, 2006

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...........Kong!"

As we all know, Kari= not the biggest fan of the movie "King Kong", so you can imagine my surprise when last Friday I checked my mail and found a package in it. Now, we weren't expecting any packages in the mail, so I took the mystery parcel inside for further inspection. What I saw when I opened it..........well, here, take a look for yourself.






Yep, that's right...a King Kong shirt. Now, who would be so clever as to pinpoint my love for King Kong and send me a surprise, unmarked package containing such a wonderful gift? Adam? Let's call and find out.

Me(sounding slightly suspicious):
Hey...I got something in the mail today.
Adam: Oh yeah, what?
Me: A shirt.
Adam: What kind of shirt?
Me: A shirt with...(laughing a little) King Kong on it.
Adam (still a little bit confused): What?
Me: Yeah, did you send it?
Adam: No.
Me: Ok, because I think someone who read my blog might have sent it. Remember my post on "King King"? I think someone might have sent it from there.
Adam (now quite aware of how truly funny this is and bursting into laughter): Man, I bet you're right. I wish I would have thought of it.


My next call was to Katie Belle. We talked about some other things first and near the end of our conversation, I said to her, "So I got something in the mail today...". To which she replied, "Oh really?". (Insert audible grin and an attempt to mask giggling).

So, thank you two clever girls, Katie and Gwen, for being so funny and sending me this awesome gift. It really did make my day because I was totally stressing about our trip to Russia and getting everything all worked out so when I got the package, it really did make me laugh.

3 Comments:

  • Aside from your dislike for the movie, the shirt looks totally cute on you! And I have to admit, this is my FIRST practical joke!

    By Blogger Gwen, at 9:07 AM  

  • I immediately knew Katie had something to do with it! She is just that fun kind of friend (or sis in your case)! You look awesome, Kik!

    By Blogger Gina, at 8:31 PM  

  • You look totally hot! Gwen is the brains of this operation. I was just a willing co-conspirator. Glad it brightened your day!

    By Blogger Katie, at 5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home